[Talk-ca] Building Import

Danny McDonald mparrault at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 15:23:53 UTC 2019

By the way, I strongly object to the way Nate immediately went to the DWG,
instead of attempting to engage in discussion.

I think many people on this list fundamentally misunderstand the way OSM
operates.  Most OSM contributions are made by individuals who see a
gap/mistake in the data and fix it.  It is not a "community process" where
contributions are made by a group of "local mappers" (although this
sometimes happens).

The great strength of OSM (relative to Google Maps), is that you can make
edits immediately without going through a peer review process.  Some people
on this list seem to want to impose a peer review process on OSM (at least
for imports, for now), because they think they know better, and should be
given power because of it.

DannyMcD