[Talk-de] Openstreetbugs

sb-listen at gmx-topmail.de sb-listen at gmx-topmail.de
Sa Aug 1 09:48:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

Andreas schrieb:
> Davon abgesehen, dass ich es ungünstig finde, nur durch ein JOSM-Update
> von
> der neuen Adresse zu erfahren, anstatt dass das "alte" Angebot auf das
> neue
> umgeleitet wird - und sei es nur durch einen Texthinweis.

Ich bin erstaunt, dass Du glaubst, der Macher der neuen Seite wäre nicht auf diesen Gedanken gekommen. So einfach sind die Dinge aber nicht - viele Leute sind unglücklich mit zwei Openstreetbug-Applikationen, die nicht mal (zur Zeit) synchronisiert sind, siehe:

http://tinyurl.com/lhgp24

Der Macher der neuen OSB-Applikation schrieb:
---
The original plan was to replace the first implementation by the new one. The "synchronisation" was meant to be a dump functionality which is updated to the current status of the old database. This also means it is oneway.

As part of this plan I thought about a way to make the transition from the old database to the new one as smooth as possible. I wrote a patch for the Appspot implementation which is proxying the new database while still allowing synchronisation. If that patch was applied, you could use the old address or the new address, get the same results and write to the same database.

This happened before the announcement. The patch was not applied yet, I do not know what is going on. I hope the reason is just lack of time.

[...]

This leads to the question: Who is "official" related to OSB? Xavier, who created the Appspot version and wrote the Javascript client, agreed on the rewrite before the announcement. The private domain owners for openstreetbugs.de and openstreetbugs.org switched the redirection, I guess because they like the improvements. The OSMF has nothing to do with it (yet). In my eyes the OSB service is an additional service around OSM data, free source code and free data available. The deciding force is the usage. Contact with the OSMF for inclusion in the main page did not happen yet, but they got the announcement.
---

Grüße
Stephan