[Talk-GB] How do I tag this cyckeway?

Rik van der Helm rik at the-quickest.com
Thu Aug 16 14:36:01 BST 2007

> > My own suggestion is:
> > whateverkey=road/track/path/trail (>4m/<4m/<2m/<1m)
> > cycle=yes;foot=yes
> > network=ncn;byway;burnswalk;kmtrail;
> > network_ref=ncn7
> > and if you like to gather info on the pavement, also:
> > surface=tarmac/concrete/cobblestone/grid/lime/shells/......
>
> Hmmm.. seems like you're twisting the problem to fit a different
> problem to me :-)
>
> highway=cycleway
> route=ncn;byway;burnswalk;kmtrail;
> ncn_ref=7
> foot=yes
>
> has a basic equivalence but using the existing tags.

I doubt whetter Dave's whole 'route' fits in 'highway=cycleway', where
it is reserved for 'cycleways exclusive for cycles'. His posting makes
clear the route is mainly shared use. So Dave will have a hell of a job
defining all those highways he's running along like
residential/service/track/tertiary/bridleway.