[Talk-GB] [OSM-talk] dangerous cycling lanes (was Re: A new highwaytagging scheme - thinking about)

Dave_A_F d.a_web3 at fiddes.net
Wed Aug 29 22:04:56 BST 2007

On the top sign from left to right

1. NCN 1
2. Borders Loop - a 250 mile trail through the Scottish Borders set up
by the Borders Council
http://www.scotborders.gov.uk/outabout/recreation/activities/4303.html
3. 4 Abbeys Route
4. Tweed Cycleway

2 and 4 also appear intersecting the A701 around Broughton  - The Tweed
Cycleway has been in existance for most of 10 years I think, the others
are much more recent and I only noticed the Loop signs a few weeks ago.

As to colour its good to use it to help but we really should remember
that some 15% of the male population are to a greater or less extent
colourblind. Where possible e.g the ref numbers of national and regional
routes we should use a letter as well as number so that we are not
relying on colour alone - try a photocopy and you should see my point

Cheers,
Dave