[Talk-GB] OpenStreetMap's first flight!

John Robert Peterson jrp.crs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 23:24:13 BST 2009

For whoever asked for more wide area images, I went through the collection
and picked some more. As such there is a batch of 128 of them uploading as
we speak, I will put them in a proper set once they are done, but in the
mean time anyone desperate can look here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thingomy/

I have all of these at 12MP (or for the few images taken with my backup
camera 10MP) if anyone wants one or 2 of them at full res, let me know, I
can email them to you.

Please let me know how much use these are for people -- I expect the main
use for them will be visual reference when making edits.

@peter -- It's funny -- I picked a diferent view of the same peice of the
town to warp.

I suspect that there is a hill in that logation messing things up.

I would say that rectifying images in this way only works in areas where we
already have a lot of detail, as such it's only really useful for special
purposes like adding extra fine detail. Would other people agree with me
there, or am I over reacting again?

@franky -- thanks.

RE tresspassing, that is the only thing that I miss after the move from
scotland, we have the "Land and Countryside Act" which explicitly states
that you can go pretty much anywhere you like, there are of course a bunch
of exceptions, but in this case, you would be perfectly within your rights
to trace out hedges to your hearts content.