[Talk-GB] Ordnance Survey

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Apr 5 15:26:33 BST 2010

On 02/04/10 12:02, Tim Francois wrote:

> I haven't done all the roads yet, nor named all of them, nor added any
> source tags (not sure which one yet). My intention is just to get the roads
> in to this forgotten area, for someone else to go verify them with a GPS
> later (though judging by the lack of tracks in the area, not many mappers
> about around here?). I added FIXME tags to most roads.

The problem is that experience has taught us that once an area has the
look of having been mapped by having lots of roads in place it is much
less likely that somebody local will jump in and start doing a proper
survey of the area.

That's why we are much less keen on bulk imports and remote mapping from
aerial images etc than we used to be.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)