[Talk-GB] Ordnance Survey

Henry Gomersall heng at cantab.net
Tue Apr 6 09:07:02 BST 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 17:25 +0100, Jonathan Bennett wrote:
> If someone who is completely new to OSM sees the streets in their area
> complete, they may assume the map is complete and there's nothing for
> them to do.

As a lurker, and someone that would be keen to contribute, can I suggest
somewhere where effort would be useful - A simple mechanism to attach
attributes to streets. Perhaps a web interface with those incomplete
streets highlighted. This would be low hanging fruit to a local, with a
low barrier to entry. Such a mechanism would separate nicely the problem
of street entry and the problem of street tagging.

So far, my attempts to contribute have been stifled because of my low
attention span and need to spend time doing other things. My perception
is that its not trivial to begin to contribute. Can I spend 10 minutes
here and there naming streets?

Cheers,

Henry