[Talk-GB] West Mids Ward Boundaries

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Wed Apr 7 09:35:31 BST 2010

On 7 April 2010 09:10, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) <
ajrlists at googlemail.com> wrote

> With the election process underway we might think about a topical map. If
> we can get the ward boundary data into OSM in time then we could show a map
> with some colouring that shows what the current lay of the land is in the
> west mids and which are marginal seats, retiring candidates, etc etc.

I think this would be really good. As somebody pretty involved in local
politics (and running to win a council seat) I'm really looking forward to
gettign the full administrative boundaries into OSM.

Wards where more than one party are represented will be an interesting
challenge if you want to colour them, as will areas with quite a diverse set
of parties with similar traditional colours and with independents.

> One fly in the ointment is that the ward boundaries in Boundary-Line are I
> believe the 2009 positions and not the new ward boundaries that will shape
> this next election. The changes are discussed in the User Guide (Annexe A).
> I assume that OS OpenData Boundary Line will be updated to the new boundary
> data in May, but I don’t see anything specific on that yet

At least in my area the ward boundaries are unchanged, though a few
Parliamentary constituencies have changed :-)

Tom