[Talk-GB] Roadside cycle-lanes vs. off-road cycle-paths

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 19:36:34 BST 2011

Phil,
Well, I am sure that there are tags to go on the main highway way to show
its cycleability - things like cycle=lane or cycle=track, to show a road
with a separate cycle track running next to it rather than just a lane
painted on the road,but I have just had a look on the Wiki and can't find it
- you might have more success!

Graham.

On 15 April 2011 19:21, Phil Endecott <spam_from_osmgb at chezphil.org> wrote:

> Dear Experts,
>
> Can anyone propose a test that I can use to distinguish between roadside
> cycle-lanes and off-road cycle paths?
>
> This is part of my effort to superimpose OSM path info onto OS District
> Map.  I would like to show off-road cycle paths that would typically be
> shown on a paper OS map, perhaps as a bridleway, and not roadside paths that
> would not be shown separately from the road itself.
>
> One option is to look only for the footpath/bridleway tags, but that does
> seem to miss some things.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> Thanks,  Phil.

Graham Jones