[Talk-GB] Adding a further 250, 000 UK roads quickly using a Bot?

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Thu Feb 3 14:25:30 GMT 2011

Tom Chance wrote:
> But what about the Lleyn Peninsula in Gwynedd, north west Wales? I've
> worked on Criccieth and the surrounding area for years, some others
> have done bits in a few other towns, but most of the county and the
> peninsula are still very bare after 5-6 years of OSM.
>
> I don't see anyone nipping out on their bicycle of a weekend, or
> altering their commute to work, to finish the basic road network in
> Gwynedd.

The basic road network _is_ complete on the Llyn Peninsula.

A few residential roads are missing, largely in places of the size of Nefyn,
Abererch, and Chwilog. I'm very happy to nip out on my bicycle of a weekend
next time I'm there, probably this summer (the in-laws have a house in Morfa
Nefyn). In doing so I will spot (and survey) footpaths, cut-throughs, pubs,
RCN routes, and so on. You don't get that from importing OS data.

I'm a bit ambivalent about putting Edern on the map, though. Not sure I want
to make it any harder to get a table at the excellent Ship Inn than it
already is. ;)

cheers
Richard