[Talk-GB] Update to OSM Analysis

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Feb 3 14:30:28 GMT 2011

On 03/02/11 14:27, Peter Miller wrote:

> We have been logging the data every month since we released it 9 months
> ago. Initial analysis says that there was a jump when we introduced it,
> then progress slowed down, and that it has jumped again since we did our
> recent release with thematic mapping. I suspect that this rate will
> again slow.

I wonder how much of that jump was people blindly copying names from the
OS anywhere it showed a difference...

That's exactly what happened round me. I had started work on surveying
the differences to determine which was correct when another contributor
came along and just blindly copied in the OS names thus making it
impossible to tell what I still needed to go and check!

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/