[Talk-GB] Update to OSM Analysis

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Mon Feb 7 12:37:19 GMT 2011

On 7 February 2011 12:16, Graham Stewart <graham at dalmuti.net> wrote:

> Great work on this Peter, it's a really helpful tool.
>
> One suggestion: perhaps on the Area Summary page you could add an option to
> rank the missing roads by their approximate length/area*, rather simply
> alphabetically?
>
> Targetting the largest incorrectly named roads first seems like a good way
> to focus our efforts on the largest impact. I suspect most map users would
> forgive a map that doesn't name some obscure unsigned lane that is only 20
> yards long, but would be deeply suspicious of a map that incorrectly
> identifies the main road through their town.
>
> (* I realise this is a flawed measurement, as it doesn't account for
> straight vs curvy roads, but it would probably be good enough.)

All good ideas, but I think we will resist fiddling with the product for the
time being. We have some other goodies in preparation for OSM and our
commercial work to also get on with.

Apologies, but our update for the OSM Analysis stats last night failed. If
all goes well we will provide two days of updates by tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Peter