[Talk-GB] B72 is a wrap

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 16:51:26 GMT 2011

Ed Avis [mailto:eda at waniasset.com] wrote:
>Sent: 15 February 2011 3:32 PM
>To: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] B72 is a wrap
>
>Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists <ajrlists at ...> writes:
>
>>http://blog.mappa-mercia.org/2011/02/whats-in-postcode.html
>
>Great work!  How can you tell when you have every postcode and is there
>some way of checking them against the OS OpenData postcode centroids?

Just by being systematic. If you have Chillly's codepoint postcode layer
sitting over BING its easy in the editor to assign the postcodes as you see
them when adding buildings. In retail areas things go awry a bit (like many
traditional banks seeming  to have a unique postcode) but its easy enough to
check the main retail chain's websites for their correct addresses to make
sure you have used the right postcode and other than for larger buildings
mostly even runs of retail units share the same postcode, even in my local
shopping mall.

Cheers
Andy