[Talk-GB] Closed bridges in Cumbria

Craig Loftus craigloftus+osm at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 26 14:55:36 GMT 2011

I was just filling a gap between segments in the Cumbria Way and
happened to notice there are still bridges in the Lakes with access=no
tags from the November 2009 floods. I checked a few of the ones around
Keswick and found council and newspaper reports stating that they had
reopened, one as far back as December 2009.

A clumsy search for access=no across the region found ~15 other
bridges still closed.

Before I go through each looking for a record of it being reopened, do
any local mappers have the knowledge to do it quicker, or know of
particular bridges that haven't been repaired/replaced?

Cheers,
Craig