[Talk-GB] OSM Analysis New Data and bot

Bob Kerr openstreetmapcraigmillar at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 09:35:07 BST 2011

I agree with Andy about increasing the number of mappers is essential. With Cycle map he has increased the interest in the cycling communities. Getting interest and publicity is very difficult. I can see many other communities that we could encourage to start helping us, from NHS to golfers but we have no organised way of doing this at the moment. Using a bot to replace large sections of data in the UK is going to be counterproductive or destructive, especially as the UK is now 80% (road name)complete.  However restricting a bot by area to the size of small villages may help. I believe we can both encourage people to join us and use the a bot on small areas at the same time.

Cheers

bob