[Talk-GB] Postcode finder based on OSM data

Matt Williams lists at milliams.com
Wed Mar 16 20:36:17 GMT 2011

On 16 March 2011 21:12, Chris Hill <osm at raggedred.net> wrote:
> For anyone wanting to add postcodes to addresses you can use the postcode
> layer in JOSM or Potlatch 2 described here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Chillly/codepoint
>
> If your postcode area is not yet in the layer (see the list on the page
> above, send me a message off list and I'll add it. I decided not to add them
> all until I knew how the site would perform.

I must thank you for that map, It's been very useful in Canley for
adding postcodes to some of the more regularly-shaped estates.

I'm planning on using Codepoint Open to augment my postcode finder by
using to assist searches and reporting missing and misplaced postcode
centroids in OSM.

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com