[Talk-GB] CFV SOTM 2013 - My support biography

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 16:35:57 GMT 2012

Brian,

Thanks again for all your work to date with organising the Birmingham bid
for SOTM (not forgetting the others who have been involved up to now as
well).

>For the bid document we need your name/OSM name and a brief 2-3 sentence
>biography like the one already added by nickw, lastgrape/gregory, sms1,
>spiffy/Jonathan on the UK wiki bids
>page<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_2013/Bids/UK>.

My bio is as follows:

Location:
Coventry and Warwick

Availability:
Evenings and weekends. Happy to travel to Birmingham as necessary and may
be able to take the occasional day of work if needed.

Skills/Experience:
I have been contributing to OSM for nearly 2 years now. Both mapping
locally after ground surveys, and also some armchair mapping (where
appropriate). Additionally I have worked on improving the wiki
documentation to help newcomers and I am involved in "Open Data" groups
that have successfully obtained public sector data as an additional source
of information for mappers. I am now getting more interested in ''using''
OSM data. Have helped to arrange local user group meetings.

Hope this helps,
Rob
(RobJN)