[Talk-GB] Blue Plaques and others

Robert Norris rw_norris at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 29 13:11:57 GMT 2012

> > Optional Extended Detail:
> >
> > openplaques:id=number
> > description='full inscription text' - without operator information
> > operator='civic society name' | 'local council name' | whatever if known
> > start_date= date plaque was erected if known
> >
> > It would be really good if the only existing map I know of - that uses OSM data - could be expanded to cover the whole of the UK:
> >
> > http://mappa-mercia.org/blue-plaques-map.shtml
> >
> > (Or maybe a bit more information on how the 'blue-plaques.tsv' was created to power that map).
>
> Is there any conflict adding a link to http://openplaques.org/people/413 and the
> relevant plaque. We might also be able to convert them to OSM ;)
>
> --
> Lester Caine - G8HFL

A link to the person could be made, however that seems a little specific to OpenPlaques.

Following just the plaque ID should take you to the personal links.

I'm not sure how / if anywhere in OSM objects are linked to people.
I suspect this would mainly be for historical interest.

I would suggest the canonical link would be to the relevant Wikipedia page.

Interesting OpenPlaques use OSM via Mapquest for the places overview (eg http://openplaques.org/places/gb/areas/portsmouth)

However for the individual plaques they use Google Maps.