[Talk-GB] Government summit on road data

Barnett, Phillip PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
Tue Mar 6 18:15:40 GMT 2012

http://www.dft.gov.uk/news/stories/dft-news-20120306/

Some interesting developments

““The summit will see a plan of action agreed to ensure motorists are given the best possible directions and help prevent huge lorries from being sent down narrow country lanes and through small villages.

“This is timely because from next month we are allowing local authorities to reclassify roads – ensuring A roads are placed where they want traffic to run and lowering the category of road in places they want traffic to avoid – rather than having to come to Whitehall for approval. These powers will help councils make sure that drivers are using suitable routes.”
“

[http://images.itn.co.uk/images/ITN_Master_blue.gif]

PHILLIP BARNETT
SERVER MANAGER

200 GRAY'S INN ROAD
LONDON
WC1X 8XZ
UNITED KINGDOM
T +44 207 430 4474
E PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
WWW.ITN.CO.UK
P  Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?
Please Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Independent Television News Limited unless specifically stated. This email and any files attached are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify postmaster at itn.co.uk

Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our clients and business, we may monitor and read messages sent to and from our systems.