[Talk-GB] Remapping update

Robert Norris rw_norris at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 23 00:07:03 GMT 2012

Re: Andy Streets changes in Hampshire.

So I thought I should get around at least to sticking in odbl=clean on ways (mainly paths & tracks) I know to be OK, that I've personally been on whilst cycling or walking.

Which turned out to be more interesting than I thought...

First via using JOSM it was telling me some ways might have problems, the history check wasn't a green CT for the user http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/essjayhch.

Initially I thought odd, since they have agreed to the CTs, however checking their diary entry revealed they have been entering in C classifications for roads from Hampshire Council Council (via http://www3.hants.gov.uk/adoptedroadsearch/). It's not clear this is allowed - hence I assume essjayhch has been 'black listed' some how - but not reverted as I guess these edits will be removed/reverted come the license change switch. They also seem to have entered in many footpath refs too.

Clearly I can't stick a odbl=clean on any such way.

Next I then discover Andy Street had been also using Hampshire Council Council as a source reference in various changesets, such as:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/changeset/5184209
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/changeset/8257081

Possibly this could a reason why he can not accept the CTs

In my check the other day I did not check for this type of source reference. This also means potentially any of his 2000 changesets could be problematic - so not just after 1st April 2010 for the OS Locator/Streetview allowed data.

PS Thanks Nick Austin for your efforts in Portsmouth (and all over Hampshire). I don't have the patience / time / willing to do that amount of remapping.