[Talk-GB] Marking landuse and field boundaries

Steven Horner steven at stevenhorner.com
Thu Jan 3 13:43:35 GMT 2013

I hadn't looked at the South of Durham around Houghall before, that is
fantastic. I had seen the centre was well mapped, but to go to the detail
of individual trees. It isn't too much detail either in that particular
setting (in my opinion). There does appear to be quite a few people mapping
County Durham.

I will use Bowburn and South of Durham as a reference and example.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Gregory <nomoregrapes at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I was inspired by "Strange but Untrue" mapping from Bowburn and South of
> Durham City. She did amazing detail with the footpaths, types of barriers,
> and gates. She also went on some interesting walks by the looks of it.
>
> Over a year ago, I did some tracing to make a line of barriers and landuse
> from Croxdale curving S/SE round to Sherburn. The idea to make it a target
> for me to do (including ground surveying as needed & house numbers),
> filling in between there and Durham City. Sadly I've not been too strong on
> it.
>
> Middlesbrough has a lot more land use are surrounding it. But it's been
> done by as large areas of farmland to quickly fill in the "blank canvas",
> and I'm not sure it has much ground-knowledge at all.
>
> Perhaps together, we could make County Durham a great example of landuse
> and barrier mapping?
>
> --
> Gregory
> osm at livingwithdragons.com