[Talk-GB] Guidance for adding PRoW to OSM: prow_ref=

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 17:15:47 GMT 2013

I did wonder whether someone would ask something like that!

On "name=", I would avoid this because people do not refer to e.g. "Abbots
Bickington Footpath 1" in general conversation (although perhaps that’s
because we never knew the names until the Local Authorities started to
release the data).

In regards to "prow_name" and "prow_ref" my concern is that each Local
Authority uses differing conventions. In the example of Devon they have
provided a reference in both parish ID and parish Name format. Not all do
this. For those that just release e.g. "Acle FP1" then would this be a
prow_name or a prow_ref...? Due to this confusion, I suggest sticking with
the "dominant" reference (used on the Local Authoritiy's map) as suggested
by Barry, but lets see what the others think.

Rob