[Talk-GB] NaPTAN (stop) import

Stuart Reynolds stuart at travelinesoutheast.org.uk
Fri Aug 1 13:20:36 UTC 2014

Oliver,

TNDS data (Traveline National Data Set, for other’s benefit - national set of bus & coach timetables) does not currently have the route detail - known in TransXChange as tracks. This is because up to now there have been issues of IPR with OSGR coordinates derived from OS and/or Navteq data.

Certainly from our point of view - and by “us” I mean the traveline regions of South East, London, East Anglia, South West, East Midlands and (shortly) West Midlands - we are all now on a merged system using OSM data so those problems have gone away. But I still won’t be exporting Tracks until TNDS asks me to.

Even then, it still has the issues of “is this right”. Most of the time it is, but we do get some routes which find a shorter path along a back street rather than down the main road.

Cheers
Stuart