[Talk-GB] highway=trunk Roads and Cycle Navigation

Bogus Zaba bogsub at bogzab.plus.com
Tue Aug 5 04:40:48 UTC 2014

On 28/07/14 14:07, Dave F. wrote:
> Hi
>
> I must be missing something in your question, because what's wrong
> with adding the sub tags bicycle/foot = yes/no? Some users have been
> adding bicycle=no to UK motorways for this specific reasons.

This would appear to be the right way to do it and my reading of the
original post was that this was one of their proposed solutions.

Only thing to avoid is an automated edit whereby all UK trunk roads
suddenly have a bicycle=yes tag since there are plenty of stretches
where this would be quite wrong (both in terms of legal status - road
has a "no cycling" sign and in terms of bad/unsafe routing).

bogzab