[Talk-GB] highway=trunk Roads and Cycle Navigation

ianmspencer at gmail.com ianmspencer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 07:30:52 UTC 2014

From: Bogus Zaba
Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎5‎ ‎August‎ ‎2014 ‎05‎:‎40
To: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org

Only thing to avoid is an automated edit whereby all UK trunk roads
suddenly have a bicycle=yes tag since there are plenty of stretches
where this would be quite wrong (both in terms of legal status - road
has a "no cycling" sign and in terms of bad/unsafe routing).

bogzab

However, in the UK context, I would have thought that an explicit exclusion would have already been encoded as in the UK, bicycle=yes has been assumed to be the case, so we should already have overrides in place where cyclists and pedestrians are excluded.

Which reminds me, I must follow up with a couple of producers of routing maps as to how difficult picking up country context is for them.

Ian