[Talk-GB] Data Model for Address

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Sat May 30 08:00:48 UTC 2015

If the world is complicated it may be necessary to reflect that in the data
model (or alternatively make the data model so general that complications
are pushed to applications). I think the Royal Mail approach to addresses
is already too Procrustean!

However, there is a British Standard for addresses, which I'm told by those
who know it well provides a high degree of flexibility for the numerous
cases which do not reflect housenumber, supplement, street, place model.

Jerry