[Talk-GB] HS2 phase 2a preferred route

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 10:27:01 UTC 2016

On 07/12/2016 08:25, Paul Berry wrote:
> I We don't know if it's going to take a city centre route or spur from
> the Don Valley route yet so unless things change the current relation
> still stands: http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4124756

I thought that, at least here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4124756#map=11/53.4723/-1.3166

a decision had been made to move east, so that relation is one that does
need changing, because what's in OSM is no longer the planned route?
Whether the best thing (until final approval post acts of parliament) is
to have nothing in OSM and have the data externally somewhere or to have
it as e.g. "state=proposed" in OSM I could be persuaded either way, but
we shouldn't have something in OSM that we know to be wrong, as we have
at the moment.

Cheers,

Andy