[Talk-GB] More questions on Schools project

Stuart Reynolds stuart at travelinesoutheast.org.uk
Fri Jan 8 15:21:21 UTC 2016

…and two schools, one site?

Cheers
Stuart

On 8 Jan 2016, at 13:27, SK53 <sk53.osm at gmail.com<mailto:sk53.osm at gmail.com>> wrote:

On 8 January 2016 at 12:22, Stuart Reynolds <stuart at travelinesoutheast.org.uk<mailto:stuart at travelinesoutheast.org.uk>> wrote:
Hi All,

I have some questions about naming, and also the content of Edubase.

If someone could also suggest how to tag one school split across two sites, I would be very happy!

Many thanks
Regards,
Stuart

I'd also be interested in the one school / multiple sites issue.

These are becoming commoner as one school takes over another. The particular problem is that each site will have a name and the school itself will have a name. One example is the Nottingham Bluecoat School which has two sites, the original main site, and the Wollaton Park Campus site<http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/16487967> (a 'failing' secondary school taken over by Bluecoat, but now various functions are partitioned between the sites). Perhaps something like campus_name might work for now: I find the concatenation Bluecoat School - Wollaton Park Campus unwieldy and it's not easy to identify these multi-campus institutions.

(A side note, this school also hosts churches at both sites: slightly diffiicult in terms of locating the actual hall used for services & debatable whether rented locations should be specifically marked as place of worship, although in these cases both are signed outside the school).

Jerry