[Talk-GB] [OSM-talk-ie] OSM with Wikidata: now covers UK and Ireland

Edward Betts edward at 4angle.com
Thu Mar 17 21:18:30 UTC 2016

Brian Prangle <bprangle at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would import only after an invitation by a mapper or mappers in the
> relevant county, and only after they've checked where your data has more
> than one match and indicated which of the multiple matches is the
> appropriate one

Thanks Brian. My technique for dealing with the duplicate matches is just to
skip them. Anybody is free to add the wikidata tag by hand.

I made the duplicates visible on my list of matches because in some cases we
might be able to devise a method for picking where to add the wikidata tag
automatically.

--
Edward.