[Talk-GB] Summer quarterly project

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:42:37 UTC 2016

On 14-Sep-16 09:53 PM, Dave F wrote:

> The only conclusion to fear of adding data, by any means, due to it
> going out of date, is to not add any data at all, and I'm pretty sure
> no of us want that.
>
> Dave F.

Yep. If a pub has no beer then people won't use it, a pub with beer that
has gone off will get complaints ... and given time may be of use again.

Reliance on a 'maintainer' will fail eventually when the person moves on
(other activities, other places).

In cities it is not unusual for a shop to close, but the city would
still have similar shops and the vacant space would be taken by another
shop... possibly selling similar things. Humm sounds a bit 'Hitch-hiker
Guide to the Galaxy' with the lemon-soaked paper napkins?  Where it is a
single remote service .. say Betty Hill store.. then there is a much
greater need to keep it 'up to date' and yet there would be less total
passing people .. but they would be more motivated.

As for Lloyds and TSB ... the function still remains in the same
location?  So the service in fact remains but the name has changed...
not a great problem? Certainly the majority of people are not motivated
enough to do anything about it.