[Talk-GB] Summer quarterly project

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Sep 14 20:39:27 UTC 2016

On 14/09/16 12:47, SK53 wrote:

> I've taken FHRS data from Sept or early Oct from 2013 to 2016 and
> quickly done a year-on-year comparison to see which FHRS Ids are still
> on file from the previous year. I've posted an image of the s/s here
> <https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsT7bwiXgAAiaTd.jpg>.

I think you are assuming that food businesses actually register, and new
owners register the changes, or at least there is someone in the council
actually checks for missing food businesses.  When I looked at the local
registrations a couple of years ago, I came to the conclusion that
rather a lot were missing, and whilst I've not checked again recently,
either there are a lot with scores of 0, 1, or 2, who wouldn't want to
have their score on the windows, or there are still a lot of
unregistered food businesses, even just counting cafes and the like, not
all the things that quailify.