[Talk-GB] Propose automated edit to update NAPTAN data in the west mids

Brian Prangle bprangle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:52:30 UTC 2017

Hi everyone

We have an opportunity to work with the regional transport authority TfWM
to update this data which is 8 years old and partially edited by OSM users.
They have assigned 2 developers to work on this and I'm spending a half day
each week working with them.

We've agreed and discussed this in our mappa mercia group and also
contacted a prolific local public transport OSM editor who's not part of
our group.

In line with the automated edits policy there's a wikipage
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edit_West_Midlands_NAPTAN_data>
with full details

Comments welcome as this exercise might be useful elswhere as the state of
NAPTAN data will be in a similar state

regards

Brian