[Talk-GB] Edits in Wales

Miguel Sevilla-Callejo msevilla00 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 11:48:39 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm Miguel Sevilla-Callejo, msevilla00 OSM user [1], an active user withing
the Spanish OSM Community despite I do not have to many editions and I'm
spending some weeks in the UK. I'm based on Aberystwyth, Wales and, as you
can imagine I checked how our favourite spatial data base is going around...

I'm looking for other contributors in Wales, Ceredigion or even within
Aberystwyth to coordinate with them to star editions here.

For instance, I found that all street names should be tagged in Welsh and
English in the name=* as you can see in the street signals or as I found it
must be in the OSM wiki [3]

Moreover, I'm taking some street level photos to upload to Mapillary [3]
and adding some notes [4] for future contributions.

All feedback is welcome, I'm on Telegram too (same user as OSM) so you can
contact to me there too.

Cheers & happy mapping

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/msevilla00
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Multilingual_names#Wales
[3] https://www.mapillary.com/app/user/msevilla00
[4] http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/msevilla00/notes

--
*Miguel Sevilla-Callejo*
Doctor in Geography

a. Research Assistance at the Pyrenean Institute of Ecology - Spanish
National Research Council
b. Associate Lecturer at Dpto. of Geography & Territorial Planning at
University of Zaragoza
c. Freelance consultant & researcher - Member #698, Spanish Professional
Association of Geographers
d. Visitor Scholar in Dept. Geography and Earth Sciences at Aberystwyth
University