[Talk-GB] Whether to tag/best tag for an unofficial name?

Matt Ellery matt.ellery at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 15:42:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

On a semi-related topic, I've noticed that one particular mapper has been
using the name tag to include extra information in my area, usually in
parentheses e.g. http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/pvI

Am I right to think that this is generally frowned upon? The mapper seems
to have moved on for now, so I'll just go through the list and move the
extra detail to the proper tags but if anyone is interested in the other
areas he's mapped (at the moment it's Portsmouth) you may want to do a
similar check.

Matt