[Talk-GB] How would tag or name this wall crossing?

Roger Calvert jrogercalvert at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 16:48:10 UTC 2019

I think they are generally called a 'squeeze stile'. JOSM suggests 


On 27/04/2019 17:18, Michael Collinson wrote:
> What do you call the type of wall crossing the that consists of two 
> stone pillars placed close to each other (usually in a drystone wall) 
> to leave a gap wide enough for humans and sheep dogs to squeeze 
> through but not cattle or fully-grown sheep? Has anyone one got a 
> barrier= tag for them?  Just got back from Middlesmoor in Nidderdale 
> where there are ton of them. They are typically not raised, so not a 
> stile, and typically no gate, just a gap.
> Mike
> _______________________________________________
> Talk-GB mailing list
> Talk-GB at openstreetmap.org
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb


Roger Calvert

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/attachments/20190427/b15f975e/attachment.html>

More information about the Talk-GB mailing list