[Talk-GB] How would tag or name this wall crossing?

Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk
Sat Apr 27 16:49:22 UTC 2019

Hi Mike,

I call them fat man's agony and consider them to be a type of stile.

See https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:A_fat_man%27s_agony_-_geograph.org.uk_-_945142.jpg

Mike B.

-----Original Message-----
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 17:18:46 +0100
From: Michael Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz>
To: OSM talk-gb <talk-gb at openstreetmap.org>
Subject: [Talk-GB] How would tag or name this wall crossing?
Message-ID: <eff7ed87-2208-3a74-7902-ae74a2fa12fc at ayeltd.biz>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed

What do you call the type of wall crossing the that consists of two 
stone pillars placed close to each other (usually in a drystone wall) to 
leave a gap wide enough for humans and sheep dogs to squeeze through but 
not cattle or fully-grown sheep? Has anyone one got a barrier= tag for 
them?  Just got back from Middlesmoor in Nidderdale where there are ton 
of them. They are typically not raised, so not a stile, and typically no 
gate, just a gap.



Subject: Digest Footer

Talk-GB mailing list
Talk-GB at openstreetmap.org


End of Talk-GB Digest, Vol 151, Issue 25

More information about the Talk-GB mailing list