[Talk-GB] Importing NaPTAN Data [Thread 2]

Silent Spike silentspike100 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 13:05:48 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 1:41 PM Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The most interesting bit would be the "Manually conflate and review the
> data before upload using JOSM" - any JOSM CSS style that you end up using
> to highlight duplicates would be really useful, as would a basic OSM diary
> entry describing the process and the end result.

Would be happy to write an entry about my process if it comes to fruition.
I suspect it won't be as interesting as you might imagine since there's
really not a huge existing coverage of stops in the area. However, anything
to help future mappers also interested in this available data.

By downloading only bus stops in JOSM from the overpass API can easily see
where duplicates exist just by proximity to the NaPTAN stops. Have
considered expanding my script to also assist in conflation (marking
possible duplicates for manual review before upload), but for the Aberdeen
area it's probably not worth it.