[Talk-GB] TfL cycle data published - proposed conflation process

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Oct 13 16:38:50 UTC 2019

(1)

I would suggest also generating
big OSM file with this data (without conflation,
just what would be imported into unmapped area)
and running JOSM validator on it.
It may find bugs in data, proposed
conversion and in JOSM itself.

--------
(2)
I would advise also consulting
OSM community after steps 4, 5, 6.

Just post on talk-gb and process feedback.

------
(3)
What is also missing is
- posting in imports mailing list
- obtaining permission from OSM community for import
(Assuming that process continues to be as great
as so far it should be without problems).
- documenting new proposed tags on OSM Wiki
and getting feedback
(Full proposal process is not necessary,
but may be considered, but at least
post about new proposed tags on tagging mailing list.
Things like that often benefit from additional review)

But mappers should be able to check
what exactly will be changed.

Agreeing on principle that data may be useful
does not mean that any import is ok.

---------
(4)

Have you considered importing
some topics separately?

For example - in the first run import just
bicycle parkings.

-------++

 13 Oct 2019, 15:17 by list-osm-talk-gb at cyclestreets.net: