[Talk-GB] Bridleway across field

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Dec 8 15:47:08 UTC 2020

On 08/12/2020 15:11, nathan case wrote:
> I am interested as a path I recently mapped is a PROW but is very dangerous to cross. It is now marked as disused:highway=path with access=discourged;designated but it is stilla PROW (byway open to all traffic in this case):https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/93427676

In that example, "Cross Bay Walk - DO NOT ATTEMPT" violates "name is
only the name".  It may or may not be possible to justify "Cross Bay
Walk", but the "DO NOT ATTEMPT" is not going to be a valid part of the name.

Unless there is a sign saying "unsuitable for pedestrians, horses, and
vehicles", or similar, I would say "access=discouraged" violates "do not
tag for the renderer".  The wiki specifically says that an official sign
is required before using "access=discouraged".

"warning" appears to be non-standarised, and also subjective.