[Talk-GB] Idea - OSMUK walkers' map application -- -& server

Tony Shield tonyosm9 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 17:36:54 UTC 2020

Hi

I like the idea.

Can it be extended to be a UK based map which is has greater prominence
to aspects such as the recent discussion about cyclists and paths?

Does anyone have an idea of how it could be made to happen - could we
(OSM UK) fund and maintain it with commitment for say 2 years? Using
volunteers or donated equipment or personal funding commitments? Do we
know the size of server required to support a given load? Can we manage
the required operations and security?

Tony Shield - TonyS999