[Talk-GB] Google maps added addresses!

John Aldridge jpsa at cantab.net
Tue Dec 29 10:42:14 UTC 2020

FWIW, my technique has been to map the building outlines from aerial
photography (having established any necessary imagery offset), then
print that out on paper and walk round the houses, noting the house
numbers and where the front doors are. Then, add additional front door
node(s) to the building outline areas, and attach the address
information to those nodes.

I think that's more 'honest' than trying to divide a semi-, terrace, or
more complicated building into separate house areas, when I've got no
idea where the dividing walls are internally. And it has the added
benefit of pointing a map user at the main entrance, which is probably
what they want to find.

John