[Talk-GB] Google maps added addresses!

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Dec 29 14:48:17 UTC 2020

Am 29.12.2020 um 11:18 schrieb George Honeywood:
> Hi Simon,
>
> What tools do you use for this? In the summer I decided to survey
> about 400 addresses in Bodmin, and it was a rather painful (and long)
> morning. I ended up walking down each street two times to get both
> sides, and spent quite a while dealing with weird/backwards numbering
> -- or numbers that just weren't there.

Well I typically use Vespucci which has the advantage that you have

- aerial imagery as the background so placing nodes or selecting the
proper building outline isn't an issue,

- house number prediction. That is you only need to manually correct
numbers that don't fit, and will automatically take the side of the road
in to account. So if you can see the numbers on the other side you just
need to walk down the street once.

See
http://vespucci.io/help/en/Introduction/#efficiently-adding-addresses
and http://vespucci.io/help/en/Advanced%20preferences/#address-tags