[Talk-GB] Google maps added addresses!

Andrew Black andrew at black1.org.uk
Tue Dec 29 19:47:46 UTC 2020

On 28/12/2020 17:11, Russ Garrett wrote:
> It's definitely not entirely from Street View - there is
> (inconsistent) numbering on some private roads which lack street view
> coverage, including my own.

Ilive in a house with a number and a letter (say 20). The houses are
number wierdly

|  20A  |  20 | 21 |

Google have it as

|  20 |  20A | 21 |

You cant read the number on streetview (though maybe internally they
have a higher resolution than showing us). But you can see the A. Quite
a few other errors.  I once had a driver say "parcel for 20" "no this is
20A". "it must be 20 because my phone says so!" "But  I lived here
before you had a smartphone"

Maybe a combination a semi reliable source and interpolation.