[Talk-GB] UPRN Locations Map

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 19:32:52 UTC 2020

On 02/07/2020 19:52, SK53 wrote:

> Post boxes, substations, patches of grass (I presume), and bus stops are
> things I've spotted. The oddity is a great forest of UPRNs over a
> hospital building
> <https://osm.mathmos.net/addresses/uprn/#19/52.9423/-1.1827>.

They may possibly be multiple postal addresses, for example for post to
different departments, that share a location.

On a similar note, this view of a postal depot in Stoke only has one
marker on the building itself:

https://osm.mathmos.net/addresses/uprn/#19/52.9423/-1.1827

But, actually, there are multiple UPRNs all sharing identical
coordinates - so many, in fact, that if you click on the marker, the
list expands so far that it shifts the viewpoint of the map which then
hides them all again, so you can't actually read them!

Mark