[Talk-GB] Surveying rural buildings

Nick nick at foresters.org
Wed Jul 22 19:37:15 UTC 2020

Hi Mateusz

Many thanks for your comments.

It would also be good to hear from others, particularly around the
question of the purpose of mapping. I was thinking that my purpose was
to provide other people (OSM mappers and the general public) with the
information that meets their needs. The problem is that without knowing
how people use the maps, identifying the quality of the data is tricky.
The other challenge for people using the maps is not knowing what the
quality is ~ e.g. how comprehensively properties are mapped, precision
in terms of location etc. I also wonder if the quality is good, that
people might use OSM as the map to go to e.g. for Planning applications?

Cheers

Nick