[Talk-GB] Tagging historic surface mining/streamworks

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 15:19:47 UTC 2021

On 8/29/21 12:58 PM, ael via Talk-GB wrote:
> Any suggestions for tagging? I think that we need something new.

I'd agree with that - the (often less historic) similar area in Derbys
and Notts are similarly distinctive but we don't really have a good tag
for them.

One thing that I would say is that it might be worth translating the
comments on e.g. https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/106136137 to a
language that matches that of the user (in this case "de").  I suspect
that they just thought that you'd genuinely made a tagging mistake, and
didn't appreciate the distinction that you were trying to draw.

Maybe a diary entry, with a few photographs, would help explain things?

Best Regards,

Andy