[Talk-GB] Hanway Street - London - highway=residential or highway=service

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Fri Feb 12 11:45:38 UTC 2021

The road in question looks like highway=unclassified to me.

Service roads behind houses, usually terraces, are very common in UK. In
Hull they have a local name of a Ten Foot. They are often about ten feet
wide and if they have a sealed surface (many don't) it is often concrete
not tarmac, A few have houses on one side and garages on the other. A
few run behind houses but enclose a shared grassy space. The access is
sometimes disputed and many now have gates to secure them. These are
highway=service;service=alley (I would like to add alley=tenfoot too
locally).

--
cheers
Chris Hill (chillly)