[Talk-GB] OSMUK calls for directors

Nick nick at foresters.org
Wed Jun 16 10:37:35 UTC 2021

Hi Gareth

Perhaps in line with the OSM foundation's Diversity Statement
(https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Diversity_Statement
<https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Diversity_Statement>), this might
be an opportunity to increase diversity of membership by appointing
directors that can lead on this. In particular I was interested to read
the article "'Visible women': Feminist mappers bridge data gap in urban
design"
(https://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-women-tech-idUSKBN20V00H
<https://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-women-tech-idUSKBN20V00H>)
and wondered if we could start by encouraging the appointment of more
women directors?

Cheers

Nick