[Talk-in] Time for consensus

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Tue Oct 14 07:09:31 BST 2008

On Monday 13 October 2008 04:06:04 pm PlaneMad wrote:
> I have been planning to give the osm project some publicity here in chennai
> and before i can do that, it is important that we agree on tagging
> standards for the country to guide new mappers otherwise the whole project
> may go into chaos.

I do not think there is any need for a consensus now - anyway there is no
standard classification of roads in India, with each authority having its own
standards - therefore we cannot have a standard. Please go ahead with the
publicity etc - in the long run, we have to see what the users of the map
need. For example some people wanted to use OSM for a cycle tour - one major
requirement for them was the condition of the roads.

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves