[Talk-in] Tagging Roads in India

H.S.Rai hardeep.rai at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 08:33:35 GMT 2008

In respect to thread:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-in/2008-August/thread.html#36

my opinion is:

One can not expect to get all required information from base layer of
map. We should have all NH in one colour, SH in another colour. This
NH/SH is important classification. The number of lanes, there is tag.
For condition we need to have another tag. All these are attributes,
and all cannot be shown on base map. We need another layer for
motorist to know all detail he wants. May be on getting direction from
point A to B [if we can have that facility], he may be presented with
the information:

0 - 5 km, 6 lane, excellent condition
6 - 7 km, 6 lane, under repair
8 - 10 km, 6 lane, poor condition, accident prone
10 -20 km 4 lane, excellent condition, to be used for demonstration by
opposition party on wednesday

--
H.S.Rai